Some advice on mailing:
- Be very general on the description of what you're sending (i.e. "gifts")
- Never list the value of the contents as more than $10 or $15.
- USPS flat rate boxes are the best value, generally.
- Write "Air Mail" on the outside of letters and packages.
- Put all liquids/gels in ziploc bags
- Remove ALL possible packaging to save on weight/room
-Use lots of tape on the outside of packages
- I LOVE receiving postcards, but make sure to put them inside an envelope or package, or else they will end up as a Rwandan mail worker's wall decoration.
- It can take 3-4 weeks for letters to arrive in Rwanda and packages anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months...